Did you know that a free roof inspection can save you thousands of dollars and hours of trouble?
You don’t want to ignore your roof for years, only to find out later that it can’t protect you anymore and needs significant repairs or replacements.
Many homeowners who have recently bought a home or small business are unaware of how roof inspections can benefit them. Our team at RST Roofing and Renovations often receives questions from curious homeowners about inspections.
We will address some of these questions today in our blog.
1. What causes roof damage in Atlanta?
2. Do you really need a roof inspection?
3. Since it’s free, what if it’s bait?
4. What happens during a free roof inspection?
5. Which company is good for an inspection in Atlanta?
To determine whether your roof requires inspection, we need first to review the factors that indicate it may be time to call a roofing company.
What Causes Roof Damage In Atlanta, GA?
There are many reasons why you may need a roof inspection in Atlanta, GA, but moisture or humidity damage sits at the top of the list. According to a National Weather Service report in 2020, Atlanta was the #6 warmest and wettest city. This weather factor contributes to regular wear and tear to your roof. Apart from that, roofs in Atlanta are at risk of damage due to:
- Roof being older than 20 years
- Faulty roof installation
- Insufficient ventilation
- No maintenance
If you think your roof is safe from all disasters and mistakes, it’s time to make sure that it’s true.
Do You Need A Roof Inspection?
New roofs typically don’t need a roof inspection. If your city has not received any bad storms recently, then an inspection may be unnecessary right now. But if your roof is old or you have received one or few storms, we recommend that experts inspect your residential and commercial roofs.
Here are a few reasons that indicate you need a roof inspection as soon as possible:
- Your roof is more than three years old, and you haven’t hired anyone to take a look at it since installation.
- Your city just suffered heavy rainfall, hail, snow, or storm.
- You notice leaks, cracks, discoloration, mold, and moisture in your rooms, attic, roof, or exteriors.
- There is granule loss in the shingles, or they have shifted and blistered.
- In the case of flat roofs or commercial roofing systems, the roofing membrane is warping, or the seams have cracked.
Our roof inspectors suggest, “You should get your roof checked once a year.” They further add, “The best time to perform an inspection is fall, just before the snow starts to settle in the city.”
Roof inspections take time and precision. Now, if you are wondering why some roofers do it for free, we’ve answered this question too.
Since It’s Free, What If It’s Bait?
Some people may think a free roof inspection is a scam. They may believe that the service is meant to lure them towards unnecessary repairs and replacements. After all, who works for free?
However, many reputable roofing companies provide this service at no cost to the homeowner. Moreover, if you are concerned about being scammed—you can easily verify the legitimacy of a contractor by checking online reviews and licenses.
You can also take a look at BBB’s guide to spotting a roofing scam.
So, How Can A Free Roof Inspection Help You?
A thorough roof inspection can help you to gain peace of mind. It provides the opportunity to have your roof inspected by a professional who can provide you with an understanding of the condition of your roof.
Here’s what you can expect during and after an extensive roof inspection:
- The inspectors will look at all parts of your roof, including shingles, underlayment, flashing, venting systems, and chimneys.
- They may find cracked, curling, and missing shingles.
- The inspection will reveal any blocked, rusty, loose, and sagging parts of your gutters and downspouts.
- The experts will look for spongy siding, moisture spots, mold, and mildew. They will also inspect your attic for potential damage.
- They’ll make recommendations for any repairs needed right away and suggest whether or not you can wait until later.
- You’ll learn what parts of your roof need cleaning and maintenance.
- You’ll be able to make an informed decision about what to do with your roof based on the information provided by your inspector.
However, many companies charge a lot for an inspection when you reach out to them. So, if you need a free roof inspection, choose a trusted, honest and authentic roofing company. Experts at RST Roofing and Renovations always remind you to do your own research.
We Can Help You With A Roof Inspection In Atlanta, GA
When it comes to your property, you can’t compromise on the safety, comfort, and financial value of your home or business. Our team at RST Roofing and Renovations wants you to have peace of mind when you live, buy or sell your property.
When you ask us to inspect your roof, we will examine every inch of your roof and let you know if any issues need attention. Even if there are no problems, we’ll give you some pointers on avoiding mistakes and keeping your home in perfect shape.
Look us up on BBB, Home Advisor, and Google. Many of our clients have left 5-star ratings and honest reviews for us.
We have been providing residential and commercial roofing services in Atlanta for many years now. Feel free to discuss your need with our experts. You can call us at (404) 548-8901. We will assist you with complete honesty and dedication.